Saturday, September 6, 2008

Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.

Just some things I am pondering today....

If motherhood has taught me anything, it’s the importance of really looking at who you are and who you want to be with honesty, courage and love. I feel more like "myself" at thirty than I ever have before, yet I wonder if I really live my life true to who I believe that I am. I am self evaluating today...

I believe strongly in so many things, yet, I am very laid back. I don't let anything ever become my "mission" - I may be into something for awhile, but it's always changing...there are so many things that need my attention, so many interests...I find it hard to focus for long on just one thing. I guess I could feel badly about that. But I don't. I enjoy living life by the seat of my pants. If I am enjoying my day to day activities, that matters most to me. I don't need a list of accomplishments or causes to feel good about myself. I have realized that my world, the world I need to most concern myself with, includes a very small circle of people. They are really all that matter to me...they are the ones that I have the most influence over...and the ones that most influence me. My kids, family, a few close friends, my relationship...those are the things that make up my day to day...add that up, and that's my life. Sure I worry about the future, I educate myself about politics and environmental concerns, but I honestly believe my purpose here is not to save the world, just to make the lives of the ones I love a little better each day.

We are our children’s first role-models, which means it's worth it to try to become real ones of our own. In my opinion, its not about being perfect and really not about projecting a perfect facade. It is about loving and honoring life enough to dig down deep and make the most of our time here. "Every man dies, but not every man truly lives." Words to live by.

“We are what we think. All that we are, arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.” I've been reading and watching The Secret again...every time I tap into this mind frame, it's amazing how different every thing feels. I know how a good day is usually a good day from start to finish...you wake up and everything just seems to line up...and the same for a bad day. It all just snow balls into one big mess. How amazing is it that our thoughts can bring us either good things/or bad. I know our minds and our emotions play a huge part in the way our bodies work...if nothing else, it would do us all good, health wise, if we could just figure out how to be more zen. I think that is one of my biggest goals in life...zen 24-7. I love coming into contact with people that are like that...there voice, their words, their gentle nature...the look on their face...it all just makes you feel...so peaceful. Relaxed. Happy. Special. I love it and that is who I want to project back out to the world. I am making a conscious effort to meditate on good things...more often.


And last, but not least...change. I love change! Change has a way of throwing us off balance, making us feel uncertain and insecure, but it is not meant to discourage us. It’s purpose is to notify us that we are at the edge of our comfort zone, in between our old life and our new one. Change brings a new and life enhaning territory, both inside and out. I open my arms and wrap them tightly around change...it always makes me better in the end...and I love being better.

1 comment:

Mama to Monkeys said...

Uhhh...ADD?

Seriously, though, I feel much the same way so often these days. Lots of self evaluating with my new role as "real" stay at home mom without the excuse of school to keep me busy.

Can't wait to see you!

xoxo