Friday, September 26, 2008

what I want...part two

today i want (back everything I have lost in the past 3 days being really, really sick):

my throat not to hurt every time i swallow.

my nose to make up it's mind on whether it's gonna be runny or stuffed up.

to be able to breathe through my nose again.

my sense of smell and taste back.

my entire body to ache...just a little less.

a nap...even though all i've done for the past 72 hours is sleep.

sunshine...mega doses of sunshine...it was BEAUTIFUL out yesterday and I only got a glimpse.

blessings i received through my illness:

two days off work smack dab in the middle of the week...it's called calling out sick, but I chose to look at it more as a mini vacation....

my kids were really, really sweet to me...

unlimited cups of green tea with way more honey than i would normally allow...for my throat's sake

chicken noodle soup....

a care taker, a.k.a. Tim, who came home from CVS with a bag full of over the counter drugs for my relief...although I'm anti-medicine...I have actually indulged today so that I can get through my 8 hours of work...

homemade get well cards...

more hours of sleep than I normally get in a week in the past 3 days....

a few hours of good old mindless tv watching....including 2 REALLY great episodes of cheaters...that show is so awesome!

A chance to catch up on some reading...

A snickers ice cream bar...another gift from T, even though I couldn't taste it...the ice cream felt heavenly on my throat.

Vitamin Water...and Emergencee packets...always a blessing.

Three nights in a row when I didn't have to think about, prepare, cook, and clean up after dinner!

Hoping that tomorrow will find me with an almost healed body and lot's of energy...going to my first college football game...tail-gating while healing from the flu...not such a good idea...but a day alone with Tim, no kids...such a great idea!

Really looking forward to it....and the weather is soooooo nice out...love when the weather outside makes you feel different inside...a new, but yet familiar time...

Here is my fall top 10 list. (For my fellow blog friends...seems I was the last)

1. Get to rock your hoodies! (confession: I'm a 30 year old who loves hoodies more than any 16 year old)

2. Jacuzzi dates!

3. Fires in the fire pit - outside hanging out becomes fun again...once the heat and the mosquitos go away!

4. Cuddling! It becomes so much better when you are actually looking for body heat from the person you are cuddling with, instead of sticking to them.

5. Pumpkin stuff! Latte's, bread and pie!!

6. Comfort food! And yes, that comes with a slight weight gain...but i say...SO WHAT!

7. Thanksgiving...taking gratitude to a whole new level surrounding yourself with family and friends and so much good food you can't help but be thankful!

8. Soup!

9. Christmas!

10. Time off work...who doesn't love getting paid time off from work!?

1 comment:

cruisebabe said...

Alas.... i love fall so much that it encouraged me to find the spirit of blogging again!!!!!!!!!!!!!