Friday, August 22, 2008

"Naked Fools"

I've been locked in doors all week thanks to constant rain from Tropical Storm Fay. I finally was able to get out last night for a big exciting trip out to the grocery store! Not very exciting, but I took the chance to escape for an hour and I really did enjoy every moment of it. I've always loved grocery shopping...something about walking up and down the aisles, filling up that cart and then coming home and filling up the house with food. Makes me feel good. TGIF and I'm looking forward to a good weekend...hoping the weather isn't continously crappy. We have furniture that needs to be redone and big yard renovations planned. I am looking forward to some grown up time with Tim. He has even been talking of turning off the Blackberry this weekend...here's to hoping!

I am SO craving adventure today. I wish I could have a coffee date with one of my friends, we could wander around antique shops looking for treasures...or a long dinner with cocktails, where we laugh, act silly and talk late into the night. Or go to the beach at dusk and just soak in the waves and the salt and drink a bottle of wine. Or get really dressed up and go out for a ridiculously expensive meal - adults only of course. I'd be happy even with a great book, one that totally changes my perspective, something to excite my brain. I feel stagnant. Weighted down by mundane things. Repetition. UGH.

I don't want this to be a depressing...so here's some kid updates.

Amaya's new favorite thing is to pull pranks. She'll come up with a wild story about a giraffe in the back yard...or say...Momma, your hair is turning blue...and then she get's this big grin on her face - points at me with both hands and says " NAKED FOOLS!!!!" HA! It cracks me up everytime! She's grown up so much in the last month...my baby is going to "big girl school" (pre-k) on Monday. Maybe it's her new independance from "Big Love" - her pillow that not only had a name, went everywhere with her and was probably the closest thing she's had to a best friend thus far...she just seems so grown up. She has the funniest little personality and the BIGGEST sense of humour I've ever seen in a child her age. She makes me laugh often. She's sees the "funny" in everything and that I love.

Kayla has become a diva. She prances around the house, moving her hips from side to side in a very exaggerated way...most sentances are spoken in her very best "valley girl" voice. She giggles in this high pitched cackle...she snaps her fingers over her head as she voices her comment on how she thinks things should be. She wants "make-overs" every day, glitter lip gloss, painted finger nails and her beautiful curly har...she wants it straightened with a flat iron. She changes her clothes almost once an hour. She crushes on 15 year old boys...like Nick from the Jonas Brother's. She tells me she knows how to dance hip hop. She is six. How do I stop my little baby from growing up so fast....too fast?

A few weeks back at dinner...Z asked Tim - Poppa, you'd tell me if you were a robot, right? I don't know the last time I have laughed that hard. He was dead serious. Really concerned....so funny!

XOXO

No comments: